Sunday 4 March 2012

So much to learn in one day!! damn it!!

Last night, I was at the same street in Prince George (PG) where I got lost when I went out for the first time to do some grocery shopping. Let me tell something about this mystical city up in north of British Columbia, the friendliest people in Canada live in this town. Now back to my story, people say I am a good story teller and I respond I m just sharing what I have experienced travelling around by myself. Also when life gives you lemons, don’t keep them for yourself, you share it with others and let them also enjoy the sweetness in sour taste of lemon. Oh yes!! I am deviating from my blog topic, sorry we all have our moments.
So as all fairy tales starts with ‘once upon a time’ wait ..wait, don’t go too far it was a fall season in 2010.  There was a boy (me) who came to Canada for the first time, he decided to study in a small university in a small cityand now after nearly year and half he is so ecstatic by his timely decision. When he first landed in this small town in British Columbia also known as the gateway to the north. Now, he calls this city “Winter wonderland”, it is as beautiful as Pat Boone’s mesmerizing voice in the winter wonderland song.

Anyways, he decided to go out for grabbing some grocery and essential stuff. He asked his roommate about the direction, bus route and schedule. He hop on to the bus and enjoyed the first shopping experience in Canada. He was really happy until he finished his shopping and went to the register for payment, now you know why is unhappy.  Everyone has to pay for their bills; there are no free lunches in this wonderful world unless you have an Indian friend like me. I laughed so hard after writing the last line. Back to the story, because he was overwhelmed with his new lifestyle, he missed a few important things about the transit system in PG. The buses normally don’t take the same route to comeback; they run in a loop and skip some bus stops. “God bless PG transit”… did I mention that this guy is from India and pretty much spoilt by his parents and affordable house help. He doesn’t know how to cook, wash dishes, and to do laundry. First time he tried to cook an egg he set-off the fire alarm in the suite and don’t know what to do, thank to his roommate Michael (a super nice guy) he woke up and switched off the alarm it was 7.00 am.
That morning I decided that I am going back to India by the next flight, but one quote that keeps me alive is “bad days makes you realize what is the worth of a good day – bad days don’t last forever”  
Now back to the amazing trip to the grocery store, so he missed his bus since he does not know from where to catch the bus back to university. He decided to walk in random direction and it started getting darker and darker and scary since there was nobody to help you for direction to bus stop. I was getting tired carrying all the junk food that I bought, so finally I saw a guy at a distance I ran towards him so that I ask him the direction before he disappear. He saw me running towards him and he started running in different direction, as if he saw a ghost. The first word came out of mouth “OMG” what I m going to do now. I look around and first thing I saw was a gate sign “beware of dog – they can bite you” and I said yes every dog has its day, but it is not today. I decided to ask for help and knocked a door, but nobody answered ….oh god don’t do this to me today (well I said something else, lets keep this blog clean :). After another knock I turned back and  I was about to leave, suddenly I heard something and turned around and saw a lady. Yay!!!! Oops sorry!! My first words to the lady, she laughed and said hi what do you want young boy. In response I told her I lost my way and I am new to the city and can I use your phone to call a cab. She acceded to my request and called a cab for me. Later she invited me to her home and offered me a cup of tea. We talked about how wonderful this city is “that time deep inside I was saying how wonderful are people in this city, so embracing” at the end of our conservation we had a good laugh. I took the cab back home and thanked the lady for her generosity.
I still share this story with my friends and many other stories about this wonderful city i call my canadian home away from my home. Hey guys, pardon my grammar English is my second language.
The next story I am going to post will be “it's pissing rain”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. :) look forward to hearing more

    ReplyDelete