Friday 4 January 2013

Another New Year – What I have lost and found last year - Precious Year 2012!

A New Year is like a blessing - live it to the fullest
For the last 3 years I was spending my New Year day on streets of New York, not like a homeless guy, but enjoyed the vibrant culture and colors, street performances, chatting with strangers, hot coffee outside Macy’s, shivers at times, smile and laugh with strangers, loud sound of party blowers, people holding plaques “Free Hugs” “Don’t forget to smile” “Lord is with us”, street vendors selling some of the coolest stuff, kids dragging their parent to M&M and ToyRus stores, people lost in city maps, couples asking strangers to click their pictures, traffic cop waiting for 18 hrs shift to get over, an old lady looking at the empire state building and reminiscing how it looked when she was young, and a young man observing all this while waiting in the queue for “Rockettes” dance performance at the most beautiful theatre “Radio City”. Another last day of the year in New York fast paced life, the only day when the city lost its momentum and slow down to enjoy each and every bit of being human. New York is a city where you can find yourselves in thousands of pictures taken by strangers from all over the world, like I have hundreds of strangers in my photo albums.

 I missed all that mixed bag of emotion here in Prince George on my first Canadian New Year Eve!
The year 2012 was a wonderful year for me both personally and professional, I started my new position as a Research Fellow for the university, made some friends for life, bonded with old and lost friends, moved to a new and wonderful place with amazing roommates, had amazing summers with friends, travelled to some of the most beautiful cities in Canada, met some really amazing and crazy individuals– don’t ask their names some of you know what I am talking :D, learned some important lessons. Although there were days when I wanted to go back home and hug my Mom and Dad, stay in their arms, hold my little nephew, and see the smile on everyone’s face. There were days when I needed my friends to talk me out and fortunately there were friends like Matt, Greg, Alishia, and Charelle, whom I am indebted. There were friends like Harpuneet and Ashish who were trying to make me laugh. Tried skiing for the first time and rest is history and one of my most read blogs. So many memories I don’t know how many I will be able to recall.
Moments when I had supper at the lake and splashed water……, flying kites and snapped tread - running for the kite, meeting a friend after 5 years, from knowing to liking, ….I think I am getting a poetic, now I am going to stop now.    
Writing this blog brings back all old memories, I have no regret, I have cherished every moment of happiness and sorrow. Bad days make us realize the true worth of good days.
Thanks for being my friend! Cheers to New Year and Cheers to New Memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment