Sunday 19 August 2012

Sweetheart! just hold me and follow me - this is how we dance

Dance like you have ants in your pants
Dance makes me and my partner Happy! Even my fingers are dancing while writing this story. Yo yo! Like a rapper! Yo yo!
India is famous for many things, its diversity, spicy food, big fat weddings, scorching heat……but one thing I love the most about India and Indians that we are Happy People. So the question is how we express our happiness? We do that by dancing our heart out, dance until we are drenched in our own sweat, until we are exhausted or collapsed, or until or shoes broke down, c’mon I am going to dance barefoot in that case.
I, Zishan publically admit on this day that I love dancing like crazy, not just crazy bollywood dancing that to my Canadian friends is like changing bulbs, monkey dancing, or dancing like you have ants in your pants. Yes, I do all this crazy dancing along with this more formal style like Bhangra. That’s not all, in Canada I have learned some new style Waltz, Tango, Salsa, Twist and turn, Robot dancing, pop and lock, tap dancing. Oops there are other styles too, Shake that Ass, belly dancing, strip tease… haha! Just kidding! I don’t know this style or maybe I do. Haha! :p
Once more thing everyone, dancing is fun, but at the same time it is injurious to your health, you may get bitten by someone, got kicked or punched in face, knees, gut, almost anywhere, gets you in fight, girls and guys hit on you – girls are fine with me, but guys oops wrong number dude. Haha!
Okay! So I went to a dance studio (lets say it was a dance studio:p) in Montreal. Since my feet were dying to hit the dance floor. The studio that night was packed and to my advantage it was freestyle night, so I can do whatever I want to. :D some guys were doing awesome spins and robot dancing, I said fu.. I can’t do that but I can do some crazy mix of Indian and North American move, so I asked my partner to watch me and follow me afterwards. I mixed tap dancing with some bhangra and other freestyle moves. I must admit that it was a little embarrassing for a minute, but then everyone start cheering me up and joined me.  My famous two finger whistle caught attention of everyone, since it was so fu…. loud. Hehe!
My partner joined me, but she said I don’t think I can follow your step. So to please her I switched to ballroom dancing with twists and spin, she was uncomfortable with that too, she left the floor. But no worries another girl joined me, but to my disadvantage she was trained dancer, I was like FML. I got nervous and she said “Sweetheart just hold me and follow me” I don’t know what style of dancing she led me into. But that was awesome but lacking panache. Who cares after 5 minutes, I have gone back to my freestyle dancing and we had great time after that. But fun part my partner just disappeared from that studio I was where the hell is Emma. But then I said who care lets enjoy since that was my last night in Montreal and I to have catch an early morning flight. I was sore next morning and limping instead of walking, even the security official asked do you need a wheelchair and are you okay! I was like if someone asked me what happened what I m going to tell them, I was dancing my ass off on an official trip. Haha!
Dance is life and music is like blood. I have a secret about how I can dance like crazy and for hours. If you want to know secret call me maybe! :D
So you want to dance you know who to call.
I am waiting for the dance club at the UNBC to start again!

1 comment:

  1. Many a times we forget to live, stuck in our routine life. But if we wish and make a little effort, we can find a reason to be happy in every small thing around..:)

    ReplyDelete